News to Use for Agents in the Senior Market
A Publication of Senior Marketing Specialists
Week of December 26, 2016
State Medicaid Information
Some people who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid are called “dual eligibles.” If you have Medicare and full Medicaid coverage, most of your health care costs are likely covered. You can get your Medicare coverage through Original Medicare or a Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C).
Use the map located on Medicaid.gov to find details about eligibility, benefits and much more about the Medicaid program in your state. https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/by-state/by-state.html
Why is this important? The dual eligible market is one of the most open and profitable markets available to agents today. If you are not familiar with the products available to individuals with Medicaid we strongly encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA)
- HIPAA gives us the right to access our health information.
- 27% of individuals were unaware or didn’t believe they had a right to an electronic copy of their medical record.
- 41% of Americans have never even seen their health information. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/
Entities that must follow the HIPAA regulations are called “covered entities.”
- Covered entities must put in place safeguards to protect your health information and ensure they do not use or disclose your health information improperly.
- Covered entities must reasonably limit uses and disclosures to the minimum necessary to accomplish their intended purpose.
- Covered entities must have procedures in place to limit who can view and access your health information as well as implement training programs for employees about how to protect your health information.
- Business associates also must put in place safeguards to protect your health information and ensure they do not use or disclose your health information improperly.
Video overview and helpful information: https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-individuals/guidance-materials-for-consumers/index.html
Why is this important? Your client can ask to change any wrong information in their file or add information to their file if they think something is missing or incomplete. Also as an agent you should be aware of how to properly treat confidential information.
Effectively Using Facebook
|Audience:||Friends, Family and Community|
|What to post:||FShort stories, promos, personal interests|
|When to post:||2-5:00pm weekdays, 1-4:00pm weekends|
|How often:||5-10 times weekly|
|Tips:||No Sales Pitches – Facebook is a personal network|
|Use Relatable Posts:||
Learn how to set up a business page here: https://www.facebook.com/business/learn/set-up-facebook-page
Why is this important? Facebook can be a powerful tool to maintain clients and attract referrals.
When Setting Goals for 2017, Remember Zig Ziglar’s Wheel of Life
The Wheel of Life has seven spokes, and each spoke a core area of life. Here they are:
Why is this important? In order to achieve balanced success, we need to be successful in each spoke of the Wheel.
For on the go and printable version – try the talkingMEDICARE Downloadable Edition!