Talking Medicare is the Senior Marketing Specialists weekly topic sheet. Information for agents to know for their clients, staff, and industry.
Aetna – Use E-App to get closer to Berlin and to be prepared for AEP
If you haven’t used the E-App tools for our Medicare Supplement and Protection SeriesSM products before, now is the time to take a look at our easy to read guides to help get you started. And, here a few important tips to keep in mind:
- Use an internet browser that’s compatible, like Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
- Enter all information completely and accurately
- Use the electronic or voice signature method
- Include the applicant’s email address
- Submit the E-App
- View the status of your pending new business on the agent side of aetnaseniorproducts.com
Start learning how to use the E-App now with electronic policy delivery and you’ll be ready to go before the rush of the AEP season.
*Did you know that by submitting 60% of your qualifying new business through E-App, you can earn an extra $20,000 production credit towards the Aetna Berlin sales contest? Time limit: January 1 – December 31, 2016; Reward location: Berlin, Germany; Reward time: April 24-28, 2017. Call Senior Marketing Specialists for contest details at 1-800-689-2800.
Your certifications may be complete, but are you actually ready to sell?
Below are some important reminders:
- If you plan on holding events or educational seminars, you must complete the events course under the electives tab of certifications.
- If you did not take the AHIP, you are still required to complete the Fraud Waste & Abuse course through CMS.
CMS Fraud Waste & Abuse Walk-through: https://www.smsteam.net/training-posts/cms-fraud-waste-abuse-training/
- If you plan on selling Chronic and Dual Special Needs Plans, you must also complete the plan specific certification.
- You must be “ready to sell” in order to begin marketing 2017 products on October 1st.
- Once you’ve completed your 2017 certifications for Aetna, you are required to attend a local market training for each marketyou plan to sell in to achieve the “ready to sell” status.
- Register at aetnamedicareagenttraining.com
If you have questions on any of this information, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 800-689-2800,
SmartEnroll has moved
SmartEnroll has moved to the LEAN tool. This change allows you to access the AARP® Medicare Supplement Insurance Plans, insured by UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company (UnitedHealthcare), online applications through the same tool you use for AARP MedicareComplete and AARP MedicareRx Plans.
Medicare and Diabetes
Diabetes equipment & supplies
Part B covers home blood sugar (glucose) monitors under durable medical equipment and supplies used with the equipment, including blood sugar test strips, lancet devices, and lancets. There may be limits on how much or how often you get these supplies.
Part D covers certain medical supplies for administration of insulin (like syringes, needles, alcohol swabs, gauze, and inhaled insulin devices).
Medicare Part D covers insulin that isn’t administered with an insulin pump.
Medicare Part B covers external insulin pumps and the insulin that the device uses under durable medical equipment for people who meet certain conditions.
Medicare Advantage Opportunity: Chronic Condition Special Needs Plans are designed for consumers diagnosed with chronic conditions such as diabetes, chronic heart failure, and/or cardiovascular disorders. These plans offer benefits in addition to those covered under Original Medicare such as routine dental, vision, hearing, transportation, and routine podiatry services. Consumers must have a qualifying chronic condition to enroll. They can be marketed and enrolled 12 months a year.