What You Need to Know About The Coronavirus & Medicare
*Updated 3/13. With the recent Coronavirus epidemic, we want to ensure that agents are aware that Medicare Part B will cover Coronavirus testing ordered after February 4, 2020 by a doctor or other healthcare provider. While there isn’t a vaccine yet, Medicare is still here to help.
Click Here to see more about Coronavirus testing from Medicare.gov.
Visit The Centers for Disease Control website for more information on the Coronavirus.
Center for Disease Control COVID-19 Readiness Resources
- COVID-19 Updates for Travelers
- People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19
- Get Your Household Ready for Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Getting prescriptions in a state of emergency
- Getting care and drugs in emergencies
CMS on COVID-19
In the memorandum issued March 10, 2020, CMS outlined the flexibilities MA and Part D plans have to waive certain requirements to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. These flexibilities include:
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 tests
- Waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 treatments in doctor’s offices or emergency rooms and services delivered via telehealth
- Removing prior authorizations requirements
- Waiving prescription refill limits
- Relaxing restrictions on home or mail delivery of prescription drugs
- Expanding access to certain telehealth services