Last-Minute AEP Resources and Refreshers
With AEP right around the corner, Senior Marketing Specialists wants to be sure you are current on all your training! Be prepared with some of our AEP resources and refresher material. We not only train agents on Medicare Advantage sales, but also on Medicare Supplements, ancillary products, compliance, and more! If you need an overview of or helpful resource for one of the below topics, read on or give us a call today! 800-689-2800.
- Cannot sell door-to-door
- Cannot sell over the phone
- Typically sold stand-alone (MA) or with a prescription drug plan (MAPD)
- CMS 2017 Landscapes
- You can start marketing for AEP October 1st (sending letters, scheduling MA appointments, discussing 2017 plan details, etc.)
- The Annual Enrollment Period for Medicare Advantage starts October 15th (meeting with clients, submitting MA applications with a Jan 1 effective date)
- The Annual Enrollment Period for Medicare Advantage ends December 7th (All AEP business must stop)
- Medicare Advantage self-paced course on SMS University
- Medicare Part D (prescription dug) self-paced course on SMS University
- Sold in person, over the phone, or door-to-door (Ask your marketer about any exceptions!)
- Sold anytime during the year
- Fills the gaps in Medicare Advantage coverage (Ask about the Fill the Gaps tool on the SMS Quote Engine)
- HIP Webinar and Whitepaper
- Sold in person, over the phone, or door-to-door (in most states – ask your marketer about the exceptions!)
- Sold anytime (AEP is a busy time for Medicare Supplement business too!)
- Work in tandem with Medicare Parts A and B to lower out-of-pocket costs
- Medicare Supplement self-paced course on SMS University
Additional AEP Resources
- 2017 AEP Toolbox: Filled with links, forms, and other goodies for everything from carrier-specifics to training.
- 2017 Medicare Marketing Guidelines: CMS outlines the rules for compliant marketing.
- SMS Medicare Compliance Compass: Find a generic SOA form, a list of marketing do’s and don’ts, and more.
- Medicare 101 self-paced course on SMS University
- Social Media Webinar and Work Book: Learn how to create your online brand and market via social media.
- Senior Marketing Specialists AMP Program: Order your customized marketing materials today!