Monitor CMS Sanctions and Other Enforcement Actions
CMS has the authority to take enforcement or contract actions when CMS determines that a Medicare Plan Sponsor either:
- Substantially fails to comply with program and/or contract requirements,
- Is carrying out its contract with CMS in a manner that is inconsistent with the efficient and effective administration of the Medicare Part C and Part D program requirements, or
- No longer substantially meets the applicable conditions of the Medicare Part C and D program.
Enforcement and contract actions include:
- Civil money penalties (CMP)
- Intermediate sanctions (i.e., suspension of marketing, enrollment, payment), and
Click Here for the list of recent CMP, Intermediate Sanction, and Termination notices issued by CMS.
Click Here to read the official CMS notice.