Do you find yourself asking, “What’s in it for me?” when considering a new AEP strategy? This response is completely understandable considering your busy schedule! BUT… certifying early has the potential to make your life so much easier. We know it can be difficult to change up your routine sometimes. That’s why we broke certifications down for you.
What are certifications?
Certifications are a series of tests that some carriers require in order for you to write business or receive renewals. AHIP (America’s Health Insurance Plans) tests can often be transferred and count for part of your carrier certifications. If you have UnitedHealthcare or Aetna, you should definitely keep reading!
What’s in it for me?
We don’t urge agents to certify early just to hear ourselves talk. It’s important and here’s why.
- Less stress as AEP approaches
- You are able to start planning for AEP sooner – It’s impossible to plan for AEP during AEP.
- You have time to work through any system glitches – Imagine your AHIP not transferring on October 14th.
- You have our undivided attention – AEP is a busy time for SMS too! If you wait to certify and have questions, we are still happy to help you, but remember we are probably helping you and 50 other agents at the same time.
Which carriers require certifications?
Quite a few of our carriers require certifications. Here’s the list.
- Cigna (Note: Cigna PDP is currently under sanction. This product can’t be sold until the sanction is lifted.)
Check out our 2017 AEP Toolbox! It’s full of helpful certification tips, tricks, and tools.
Will you help me?
Certainly! We can’t (and won’t) give you answers to the tests, but we gladly supply all our agents with training, walkthroughs, and other materials so they are as prepared as possible for certifications! We know it can be a daunting and sometimes confusing process, but we are here to get you through it.