Agent Update Memo – October 2019
Fall has arrived and so has AEP season. We are here to help you succeed this AEP and to finish your year strong. Below you will find new trainings and information both from Senior Marketing Specialists and the industry as a whole!
Senior Marketing Specialists Updates:
Annual Election Period Tools:
- AEP Toolkit : access provider directories, formularies, event registration directions, app submission info, and more!
- AEP Training: great as a refresher, for new staff, or to prepare for you first AEP
- Enrollment Express Training Videos
- Utilize our Quote Engine
- AEP Prep Tools: access marketing materials, social media graphics, networking pieces and more!
- Check out our Pre-AEP Survey Results!
- Learn about our interpretation of Medicare.Gov changes to drug lookup
- Here is CMS’s official announcement on the plan finder upgrade
- Don’t forget to remind your customers to guard their Medicare Cards. Check out CMS’s security tips.
- Find saved drug lists from the old Medicare Plan Finder. Print your previous list to help you create a new one in the new Medicare Plan Finder. Your previous drug lists will only be available until the end of Open Enrollment.
- You now have the option to use an editable PDF version of the SOA through UnitedHealthcare that allows your consumer to sign it electronically and email the PDF back to you. Here is the UHC Editable PDF
- Earn extra cash by using the Health Assessment (HA) program available with all Medicare Advantage plans across the nation, except non-commissionable plans. Additional certification is required. More information coming soon!
- Keep this 2020 Ancillary Benefits Reference Guide handy for AEP
- Make sure you have updated the Ascend e-application for 2020 selling!
- Earn Extra Cash through the Ascend e-application by completing the Value Based Enrollment (VBE) at the end of each appointment.
- Remember, you need to complete a product training for every state and market where you plan to sell this AEP.
- Wellcare just announced Extra Cash for their Health Risk Assessment!
Medicare Supplement Updates:
- Cigna’s Express App 2.0 is reengineered to increase sales by giving you the flexibility to write business under virtually any scenario. It even minimizes submission errors with dynamic questions that walk you through every application.
- National General continuing to launch in new states! Currently in: AZ, GA, IL, OH, IA, MI, NC, OK, SC, WV, MD, TX, CO, KY, AK, AL, ID, LA, MS, NE, PA, NV, VA, KS, MT, SD, TN, AR, DC, ND, NM, UT, WY, DE, FL, IN, OR, CA, MN, NJ, WI, and MO.
If you have any questions, comments, or need help with anything please let us know. We are here to help! Happy selling everyone!