Agent Update Memo – November 2020
Agent Update Memo - November 2020
Below you will find new trainings and information both from Senior Marketing Specialists and the industry as a whole.
Senior Marketing Specialists Updates
- November/December To-Do List – Use this checklist to stay productive during AEP.
- Enrollment Express (powered by Connecture) – Utilize our free MAPD and PDP quoting and enrolling platform.
- Bookmark our AEP Toolkit, all things relating to AEP can be found through this resource!
- Looking for turn-key office Medicare resources? Check out our catalog of Printable Office Tools.
- Asking the Right Questions: VA Benefits and Medicare – By Dan Mangus, and featured in NAHU’s Medicare News.
- The Necessity of a Complete Portfolio – By Josh Kersey and Chalen Jackson, featured in American Benefits Specialists magazine.
- Need Supplies? We can help!
- Check out our recently updated Seminars & Events
Stay Sharp for the 4th Quarter
- Elite Cast – Senior Marketing Specialists Podcast is LIVE on Spotify and Podbean.
- Medicare Café meets every Tuesday @ 10AM CST – Join the conversation.
- Brush up on AEP Compliance, Guidelines, and Presentation Tips at SMS-University.
- Webinar: Dodging the AEP Drought – November 5th
- Watch for Special Election Periods during declared natural disasters.
- Service Area Reduction Reminder (Page 37): The Service Area Reduction SEP cannot be used until December 8th through the last day of February.
- Dual Enrollment 4th Quarter blackout: (select “Dual Election Rules”) Medicare and Medicaid eligible clients, must use AEP as the election for enrollment in 4th quarter. There is a dual enrollment blackout from December 8 – December 31.
- Stand Alone PDP: Many Medicare Advantage (MA)-Only plans are being offered in 2021. Members of MA-only coordinated care plans (HMO, POS, PPO) cannot enroll in a stand-alone PDP. If they enroll in a stand-alone PDP, they will be disenrolled from their MA-only coordinated care plan. MA-only plans work great for your veteran clients who have credible drug coverage through their VA insurance coverage.
- 2021 CMS Landscapes – See all MA/PDP/SNP available in each county nationwide.
- Medicare Savings Programs – Your clients could be eligible for help from their state with paying Medicare premiums.
- Non-Commissionable PDP’s for 2021: Clear Spring, Express Scripts, and Cigna.
- The Medicare Cost Sheet is typically released mid-November to mid-December in the Medicare.gov publications portal.
- MA and PDP Star Ratings have been announced. Make sure your supplies are updated with the correct star ratings.
- IRS 502 Publication – This form details Tax Deductible Medical/Dental Expenses, and can be used to determine what expenses qualify when using a Medical Savings Account (MSA).
- Keep an eye out on Extended Release Metformin recalls.
- Many Carriers offer extra incentives during Q4, check out our Contests page to plan out the rest of your year!
Your team is a true team. You help us (and each other) until the outcome is resolved. Always know what you are talking about and can get answers when you aren’t sure. Thank you!
~ Diana F.
cited in article