Agent Update Memo – November 2019
During this season of thankfulness, we would like to let you know just how thankful we are that you have chosen to partner with us. We are here to help you succeed this AEP and to finish your year strong. Below you will find new trainings and information both from Senior Marketing Specialists and the industry as a whole!
Senior Marketing Specialists Updates:
- Get started on Enrollment Express: ONE platform for all your MA/PDP quoting, drug list storage, and enrollments.
- AEP Toolkit: Here you will find the provider directories, event registration, scope of appointments, enrollment process, and resources you need to have an efficient and compliant AEP.
- Access marketing materials, social media graphics, networking pieces, and more on our AEP Marketing and Reference Tools.
- Are your clients asking questions on large life, annuities, Long Term Care, and Disability Income insurance? Get paid 50% commissions just for a referral! SMS has a newly formed partnership with Crump, the 5th largest insurance broker in the world.To learn more about Crump’s offerings or how to refer your client please visit: https://www.smsteam.net/CLIS/
- Get your weekly motivation and grab a cup of joe with Medicare Café.
- If you know of any agents that could benefit from our services and support and they contract direct with SMS, you will receive $50. Click here to refer an agent.
- Need supplies? We can help you. Order Supplies here.
- Don’t forget that there is a dual enrollment black out from December 7 – December 31. Make sure to take care of your dual clients during AEP! Check out the 2019 Dual election rules.
- Confused about the MACRA changes coming in 2020? Check out our cheat sheet and our fillable consumer facing flyer.
- The OEP election starts in January, but only applies to changing MAPD plans, NOT Part D. See our cheat sheet on the OEP election.
- Find out what plans offer Silversneakers by state!
- 2020 Landscapes Available : View all the MA/PDP plans in your state/county.
- Are you contracted with the right carriers to keep your renewal commissions? See our mergers and acquisitions cheat sheet for answers.
- Mutual of Omaha’s Part D is coming up competitive this AEP! Did you know it has its own contract? If you would like to add it, please reach out!
- Cigna Part D is not offered in the External Distribution Channel (EDC) this year. Independent agents cannot get paid or sell this product. The Part D certifications will show as an option to take when agents contract the Cigna MA product, so it is important to know to not take this test!
- National General– Medicare Supplement available in: AZ, GA, IL, OH, IA, MI, NC, OK, SC, WV, MD, TX, CO, KY, AK, AL, ID, LA, MS, NE, PA, NV, VA, KS, MT, SD, TN, AR, DC, ND, NM, UT, WY, DE, FL, IN, OR, CA, MN, NJ, WI, and MO
- UHC is rolling out new 2020 Medicare Supplement applications. See if your state is available to order.
- Big UHC Medicare Supplement changes coming in 2020: Updates to commissions, supplies, underwriting, rates, and discounts. Call us for state specific information.
- WellCare updates:
- WellCare sent out a letter in error to beneficiaries requesting proof of credible coverage to avoid a part D penalty. Clients can ignore this letter.
- WellCare is requiring agents order their own supplies. Senior Marketing Specialists cannot order supplies for the agent.
- Enrollment Express allows agents to quote, but not submit WellCare applications. WellCare is not allowing any third party enrollments at this time. Check out our Enrollment Express 101 document.
- Don’t miss out on extra Medicare Advantage income with UHC, Aetna, WellCare by using their e-enrollment:
- $50/application through UHC’s Health Assessment (additional certification required)
- $50/application through Aetna’s Value Bases Enrollment
- $50/application through WellCare’s Health Risk Assessment
If you have any questions, comments, or need help with anything please let us know. We are here to help! Happy selling everyone!