Agent Update Memo – December 2020
Agent Update Memo - December 2020
Below you will find new trainings and information both from Senior Marketing Specialists and the industry as a whole.
Senior Marketing Specialists Updates
- November/December To-Do List – use this checklist to stay productive during AEP and going into the 1st.
- Looking for turn-key office Medicare resources? Here’s our catalog of Printable Office Tools.
- Revamp your newsletters using our editable quarterly newsletters. Winter edition is available now!
- Why choose Senior Marketing Specialists as your FMO?
- Check on your Submitted Applications during AEP.
- Dan Mangus joins the Customer Experience Certificate Program Advisory Board at Missouri State University.
- Have a colleague looking for a change in 2021? Refer them to Senior Marketing Specialists and you’ll receive a Referral Bonus for every Direct Agent that contracts with us!
- Schedule your Succession Planning conversation today.
- We can help you Build the Perfect Website.
- Check out our Social Media Tips.
Our offices will be closed on December 24th, 25th, and 31st and January 1st for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. Our Website, Quote Engine, and other online services (excluding LiveChat) will remain readily available!
“80% of Success is Showing Up.” Check out our virtual education:
- Elite Cast – Senior Marketing Specialists’ Podcast (Hosted by JoAnn Wray and Dan Mangus) is available on Spotify.
- Medicare Café meets every Tuesday @ 10AM CST – Join the conversation!
- Utilizing CleverRx Video – Learn the specifics of the discount prescription drug app.
- Register for upcoming webinars:
- Your Best Year Yet – December 22nd – 2:00 – 3:00 PM CST
- Your Best Year Yet – December 30th – 2:00 – 3:00 PM CST
- Check out our 2021 Medicare Cost Sheet covering information on Medicare Parts A and B.
- CMS to retire the original Medicare Compare Tools on December 1, 2020, replaced by the new “Care Compare” tool.
- 2021 CMS Landscapes – See all MA/PDP/SNP available in each county nationwide.
- Need a hand navigating the CMS Landscapes? Here’s our 2021 CMS Landscape Walkthrough Video.
- Dual-SNP 4th Quarter Blackout: (select “Dual Election Rules”) Medicare and Medicaid eligible clients must use AEP as the election for enrollment in 4th quarter. There is a Dual-SNP enrollment blackout from December 8 – December 31.
- Many Carriers are offering Agents extra incentives. Check out our Contests page to plan out the rest of your year!
- Service Area Reduction Reminder (Page 37): The Service Area Reduction SEP cannot be used until December 8th through the last day of February.
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has a list of Special Election Periods for any disasters that people are facing.
- IAC has made the decision to discontinue acceptance of new Medicare Supplement policies effective December 31, 2020.
- Rate Change Announcements for 2021:
- United Healthcare: AL, AR, CT, DC, GA, HI, ID, IA, KS, ME, MD, MN, MS, MT, NE, NV, NH, OK, RI, SD, TN, UT, WA, WI, WY
- Anthem BCBS: AZ, CO, CT, IN, KY, MO, NH, WI
- Mutual of Omaha: CO, DE, KY, LA, NH, NM, OK
- Aetna Medicare Supplement: NH, OK
- National General: MO
- Lumico: MO
- Americo: MO
- Cigna (CHLIC): MO
*Rate change announcements are updated daily, please call us at 800-689-2800 for the most up-to-date information on Carrier Rate Action.
The Team at SMS has been great, Answering Questions, Researching Products, Providing Information that helps support my agency when customers come in with problem that needs to be solved. We as Agency Owners wear many different hats but having a partner like SMS that has the Knowledge and the Experience with Senior Products and is able to give us guidance is a valuable resource. I cannot thank the team enough. For us, you are Essential.
~ Kevin B.
cited in article