Agent Update Memo – December 2019
The end of the year is just around the corner, and the end of AEP is even sooner! We are here to help you finish your year strong and end you AEP successfully. Below you will find new trainings and information both from Senior Marketing Specialists and the industry as a whole!
Senior Marketing Specialists Updates:
- Events and Webinars:
- Save the Date for the 2020 National Senior Sales Summit in St. Charles, MO on May 5-7th, 2020. Save 25% on your Summit Pass by registering before January 1st.
- Start the new year off right with our “Crushing Q1” webinar, with 3 dates to choose from, Dec 16th, Dec 18th or Jan 13th.
- Whether you’re an administrative staff, a new agent, are adding Medicare to your product portfolio, or just need a refresher, check out our Virtual New Agent School on January 6-10.
- Need more leads? Check out our Better Leads Bootcamp on January 29-30 from 10am to 11am CST.
- Let Us Help With Your Retirement:
- Digital Media Services:
- We can help you build the perfect website.
- Check out our Social Media Tips.
- Join our Facebook SMS Agent Connect Page.
- Need more ideas for client resources or posts? Check out our talkingMedicare book.
- Revamp your newsletters using our editable quarterly newsletters. The AMP Winter edition is now available.
- MACRA Changes
- OEP Rules
- The OEP election starting in January allows MAPD changes, but NOT Part D changes.
- Reminder: OEP is not for MSA plans.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Many agents are still unaware of the Mergers/Acquisitions of SilverScript, Aetna, and WellCare and what is needed to keep renewal commissions. See details on how that affects you here.
- DSNP election rules
- There is dual election black out period from December 8 – December 31. Agents must use the AEP election in the fourth quarter for all Dual clients. Click here for our handy cheat sheet.
- FEMA elections
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has a list of Special Election Periods for any disasters that people are facing. Check out the FEMA SEP’s.
- GEP Rules:
- The General Enrollment Period (GEP) runs from Jan 1 – March 31 with an effective date of July 1 and is available for those who missed their IEP or SEP election to enroll in Part B of Medicare
- Late Enrollment Penalty Calculations
- Just because someone signs up late to Medicare, they may not necessarily pay the late enrollment penalty. Click here to learn more.
- Mutual of Omaha
- Mutual requires separate contracting for the Part D product. The Part D contracting can be completed if the agent has the Mutual Medicare Supplement Contract (not the Medicare Advantage) with Senior Marketing Specialists.
- Cigna Part D is not offered in the External Distribution Channel (EDC) this year. Independent agents cannot get paid or sell this product.
- Cigna MAPD requires the Scope of Appointment to be submitted with the application. This is not a requirement for many other MAPD carriers, however, the SOA is still required to collect with all MAPD sales and keep for 10 years.
- To get the correct Plan ID # on the application, see the WellCare Landscape! Be Sure to include the Contract ID and Plan ID on the Application.
- WellCare now requires Agents to order their own Supplies.
- Enrollment Expressallows Agents to quote, but not submit WellCare Applications. WellCare does not allow for 3rd Party Enrollments at this time.
- 2020 WellCare Enrollment Options Cheat Sheet
- Capitol Life
- The Capitol Life Insurance Company (CLIC) is wholly owned by Liberty Bankers Life Insurance Company. CLIC was established in 1906 as the first charter in the state of Colorado and was purchased by the Liberty Bankers Life group in 2007. The company is domiciled in the state of Texas and is headquartered in Dallas.
- Available in AL, IA, IL, KY, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, NC, NE, OK, SC, SD, TN, TX
- CLIC is currently rated B++ by A.M. Best
- Call 800-689-2800 for product information and contracting!
If you have any questions, comments, or need help with anything please let us know. We are here to help! Happy selling everyone!