As the whirlwind that is AEP approaches, it’s time to get all your Annual Enrollment Period plans nailed down. To help you get organized and keep everything compliant, take a look at our AEP Timeline!
Prior to October 1st
- Engage in NON AEP marketing.
- Ensure certifications and local market trainings are complete. This includes carrier-specific requirements needed to achieve Ready-to-Sell (RTS) status.
- May obtain Scope of Appointments to meet with current clients. You cannot discuss specific 2017 plans until October 1st and may not accept or submit applications until October 15th.
- Scope of Appointment forms can be found on the 2017 AEP Toolbox.
- Professional Networking
- Network with retail locations, pharmacies, providers, disability lawyers, libraries, carrier overflow, etc.
Prior to AEP: October 1st to October 15th
Start AEP marketing!
Keeping Current Clients
Those Changing Plans:
- Mail this compliant letter
- Call to schedule a visit
Those Staying on Current Plan:
- Mail this compliant letter
- Call to advise client to stay on current plan. But also inform them of their options.
Obtaining New Clients
- Hold compliant sales events and seminars
- Lead Programs
- Consult the 2017 AEP Overviewing & Planning Guide
- SMS AMP Program: Customizable and generic marketing pieces for FREE!
- UnitedHealthcare: Find customizable materials for Medicare Advantage, Medicare Supplement, and Prescription Drug Plans.
- Medico: Find customizable marketing pieces for Hospital Indemnity; Final Expense; and Dental, Vision, Hearing Plans.
During AEP: October 15th to December 7th
Solicit and enroll applications with a January 1st effective date!
AEP Week 1 Rundown:
Step 1) Prepare your AEP Road Kit
Step 2) Make sure you have:
- Certifications 100% complete and printed off
- Landscapes on your desktop
Step 3) Get compliance questions out of the way early. Call us or visit our compliance page.
Step 4) Get familiar with the Fill the Gaps tool on our quote engine. Compare MA and HIP side-by-side! Watch the tutorial.
Step 5) Take a look at our Election Period Assistant.
Step 6) Create your game plan
- Appointments are set (Oct 15-Dec7)
- Reminder emails, letters, and phone calls to clients are ready.
- Are you running drugs for clients on Medicare.gov?
- Setting follow ups?
- Are you selling HIP plans too? Do you have HIP supplies?
- Scopes of Appointments are printed and ready.
Step 7) Double checks that you have fax cover sheets and provider directories. Find them in the 2017 AEP Toolbox!
Follow up with clients to answer any questions they might have. Never set an appointment without also scheduling a follow up.
We know how stressful the Annual Enrollment Period can be. That’s why we are always available to answer questions and help you formulate a plan. We hope this AEP Timeline was helpful and we wish you the best of luck in the coming months!