Here at Senior Marketing Specialists, we care about more than your sales. We care about your well-being. That’s why we created the Agent Care & Encouragement (ACE) program. Staying on top of your mental and physical health is especially important as we kick off the 2017 AEP season. Each Friday, we will summarize and share an article to encourage you to take care of yourself so you can better take care of your business.
Why you Need 8 Hours of Sleep
This week’s topic discusses the importance of getting a good night’s rest. You’ve probably heard the phrase, “business never sleeps.” SMS knows our agents are committed, but there comes a point where our bodies are more important than our business. Jade Teta from Metabolic Effect explains why in this article.
- Sleep helps reset your metabolism, which positively affects hunger and stress hormones as well as fat loss.
- 8 hours of sleep is essential for hormone balance, but 9 hours is ideal for fat burning.
- Get to bed by 10 o’clock as we are programmed to sleep when it is dark out.
- Turn off or dim artificial lighting (TVs, alarm clocks, lamps, etc.) when the sun goes down.
- Avoid food after 7 or 8 o’clock to simulate sleep’s effects and reverse hormone resistance.
How SMS Can Help
No, we won’t give you a bed time, but we can help take a load off your shoulders so you are able to focus on sleep. Here are some areas of business that you can trust in the hands of Senior Marketing Specialists.
- Marketing Pieces: SMS offers a line of customizable marketing material known as the Agent Marketing Portfolio program. Free to all our contracted agents, AMP allows you to personalize everything from business cards to medication trackers with your information and logo.
- Administrative Training: If you have non-agent office staff, we are happy to host in-person or online trainings to help your employees become more familiar with Medicare, carriers, and more. Call us for details!
- Retirement Funds: Losing sleep over not having a retirement plan? The SMS Agent Road 2 Retirement program allows you to set up an IRA with limited restrictions. You may even qualify for a contribution from SMS! Available states: MO, IA, IL, KS, CO, GA, NE, & TX.
- 2017 AEP Resources: No need to waste time searching for all your AEP necessities. Find everything you need from carrier specifics to compliance reminders in our 2017 AEP Toolbox.